Online NWEA MAP Testing for Homeschoolers
Measures of Academic Progress® (MAP®) is a nationally-normed standardized test used in many public schools and now available to the homeschool market. This computer-adaptive test adjusts to fit your child as they take the test, whether they are working at, above, or below grade level. Because the MAP® is tailored to your child’s learning level, it can precisely measure their academic progress and growth in a brief test. Test on Monday and Tuesday and on Friday you’ll receive a thorough report designed specifically for the needs of homeschool parents, with the specific skills your child demonstrated in the test, what they are ready to learn next, and where they stand compared to current academic standards.
Available anywhere in the US, including in Georgia, GA, Minnesota, MN, New Hampshire, NH, North Carolina, NC, Ohio, OH, Pennsylvania, PA, Washington, WA, Virginia, VA
Why test with us?
As homeschoolers, we know what homeschool families value in standardized testing services.
- Homeschoolers are busy; you pick the time, book an appointment, and test all your kids at once.
- Homeschoolers don’t follow public school grade levels; the MAP is grade-independent.
- Homeschoolers want testing to be low-stress; we offer an untimed online test taken at home.
- Homeschoolers want their results ASAP; we offer detailed score reports the same week you test.
- Homeschoolers include special needs and gifted students; Accommodations and transitions are available.
What is the MAP standardized test?
Measures of Academic Progress® (NWEA MAP Tests) are K – 12 interim assessments that measure growth and inform how educators differentiate instruction, evaluate programs, and structure curriculum.
The Measures of Academic Progress® (MAP®) Tests are nationally normed, standardized achievement tests that assess student growth. Affordable Homeschool Testing Services LLC offers MAP® tests in Reading, Math, and (optional) Language Usage. Students take the untimed, web-based tests on their laptop, iPad, or Chromebook and we administer remotely. There is no degree requirement for parents.
What to expect
The week before you test: Your proctor will email helpful information to prepare for testing.
The day before you test: Your proctor will touch-base again and send login information.
Monday, Tuesday, and optionally Wednesday: Your proctor will call, explain test procedures, and help you login to testing. She will be available throughout the day to support your testing, and will spot-check your results when testing is completed, so any issues can be addressed immediately.
Friday: You will receive our detailed score report which shows you how they compare to other students, and also what they know and what they are ready to learn.
After Testing: Your MAP results can help you find resources to teach your child at their learning level. A few options:
- Khan academy’s MAP Recommended Practice Tool.
- Readwork Digital‘s free Lexile-based Reading comprehension lessons.
- Join our Facebook community Homeschooling for Growth for more MAP aligned resources.