Online Homeschool Testing with NWEA MAP Growth
MAP® GrowthTM is a nationally-normed interim assessment by NWEA® used in many public schools and now available to the homeschool families. This computer-adaptive test adjusts to your child’s performance as they take the test, whether they are working on, above, or below grade level. Because MAP Growth is tailored to your child’s learning level, it can precisely measure their academic performance and track growth efficiently. Test on Monday and Tuesday, and on Friday you’ll receive a thorough report designed specifically for the needs of homeschool parents, including the specific skills your child demonstrated in the test, what they are ready to learn next, and where they stand compared to current academic standards.
Available anywhere in the US, including Georgia, GA, Minnesota, MN, New Hampshire, NH, North Carolina, NC, Ohio, OH, Pennsylvania, PA, Washington, WA, Virginia, VA
Why Test with Us?
As homeschoolers, we know what homeschool families value in testing services.
- Homeschoolers are busy; you pick the time, book an appointment, and test all your kids at once.
- Homeschoolers don’t follow public school grade levels; MAP Growth is grade independent.
- Homeschoolers want testing to be low-stress; we offer an untimed online test taken at home.
- Homeschoolers want their results ASAP; we offer detailed score reports the same week you test.
- Homeschoolers include special needs and gifted students; Accommodations and transitions are available.
What is MAP Growth?
MAP Growth is a K – 12 nationally-normed interim assessment that measures growth and inform how educators differentiate instruction, evaluate programs, and structure curriculum.
Affordable Homeschool Testing Services LLC offers MAP Growth tests in reading, math, and language usage (optional). Students take the untimed, web-based tests on their laptop, iPad, or Chromebook and we administer remotely. There is no degree requirement for parents.
What to expect
The week before you test: Your proctor will email helpful information to prepare for testing.
The day before you test: Your proctor will touch base again and send login information.
Monday, Tuesday, and optionally Wednesday: Your proctor will call, explain test procedures, and help you login to the test. She will be available throughout the day to support your testing, and will spot-check your results when testing is completed, so any issues can be addressed immediately.
Friday: You will receive a detailed score report which shows you how your child compares to other students, as well as what they know and what they are ready to learn.
After Testing: Your MAP Growth results can help you find resources to teach your child at their learning level. A few options are:
- Khan academy’s MAP Growth Recommended Practice Tool
- Free reading comprehension lessons from Readwork Digital
- Join our Facebook community Homeschooling for Growth for more MAP Growth aligned resources